Hi Adam
Just playing devils advocate, can you submit 2 x fish, one a ray and one a flat fish?
Just a thought ![]()
Booking in:
Lady Christine should out to play with Bill as crew, whether we catch any specimens is another matter! ![]()
Dave
Hi Adam
Just playing devils advocate, can you submit 2 x fish, one a ray and one a flat fish?
Just a thought
Booking in:
Lady Christine should out to play with Bill as crew, whether we catch any specimens is another matter!
Dave
Ummm......Yes, I guess so? There is a trophy for each - so why not. It is basically two comps in one.
The split between rays and flatties gives the smaller inshore boats a chance at winning.
Adam
Ben and I intend to fish the comp so book us in on "Now or Never" please.
Dave ![]()
in my case its a real no no to have indecision about which day the comps are on. if the arranged day is no good then I for one wont be rearranging to fish the next day. I'm pretty sure there would be less participation if it's switched from sat to sun. It also leads to loss of brownie points--only women are allowed to change their minds.
I agree Peter - too short a notice for a points transfer.
I agree Peter - too short a notice for a points transfer.
" Did I say Saturday darling?? no, no, no.... you must be mistaken!! You should know by now that all club comps are on a Sunday.... silly you!! Never mind" ![]()
Sat is looking the better day, so unless it changes dramatically the comp will be on.
Sat best day, comp On, Thats good.
Alfresco will join in
I will have to see if I can get Gordon away from work and gardening, to join Alun Dan and I.
If not, I will post that I have a space available.
Charlie
I'll be fishing the comp on Saturday.
That's "MegaByte" with me and Gerry (a non-member)
Abode11
In Jackie as crews ![]()
Gordon and Alun will be joining Dan and I on Alfresco for the competition.
Need a few more rays than last week, so lets hope they are still about.
Tight lines all
Charlie
Just as a weather safety angle
At the time of writing wind is looking Westerly 8-10kts with a swell of approx 1mtr.
This should be ok for most craft BUT it is down to the skipper to make the final decision.
Poole harbour tide - LW 08.30, HW 12.00 & 18.00 so should be ok to recover for those using Baiter.
Dave
![]()
Tony has invited me on Serenity so we should be out there somewhere on Saturday (or was it Sunday?) Now where's my bit of seaweed gone--not blown away I hope!
Wight Magic
will be out with Dave
& Dean Evans
The latest NFSA Specimen Size list for Area D (can't find anything on the Angling Trust site), states that the specimen size for a flounder is 2lb 8oz, but a PBSBAC Record list that I have states the specimen size is 3lb. Which is correct, and which are we fishing to tomorrow?
I thought the club fished to NFSA/Angling Trust sizes.
The specimen size is indeed 2lb 8oz ( I think it was changed in the past from 3lb if I recall ).
The catch reports database on the website uses 2lb 8oz to calculate the percentage specimen size - so the new specimen percentages calculated by the website are correct ( as in to Area D - NFSA/Angling Trust )
When the current record holder flounder was caught the specimen size probably was 3lb and the % weight was as shown.
I guess this could be recalculated when a bigger fish is caught ? - but will leave Adam to decide its fate :0
