Explore the Waters with Poole Bay Small Boat Angling Club

Flatfish & Ray Spec...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Flatfish & Ray Specimen Comp

87 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
9,857 Views
(@Maverick)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 

Dean and I will fish this one whatever day its on

 

Martin



   
ReplyQuote
(@Wedger)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 

Otter may be out but only for an outside day conditions permitting. I'm not quite ready for the harbour yet I'm afraid............. particularly as Otter is well on form now biggrin.gif



   
ReplyQuote
(@Fugazi)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 

Due to a very low battery state trying to start my engine last Sunday blew a PCM unit so can't fish Saturday, but should be sorted for Sunday if the date is moved.

 

Gordon H



   
ReplyQuote
(@Adam F)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 

The forecast is still looking a bit messy for the week ahead....

 

The weekend looks very much borderline at the moment for a 'fish all areas' comp.

 

What are peoples views - would you rather it be cancelled to a better day, or are you happy fishing the harbour / inshore sheltered areas for plaice etc??



   
ReplyQuote
(@Paul D)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 

I would prefer cancelled to a better day if needs be.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Wedger)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 

I'd prefer an all areas day, as it keeps all parties happy and equal biggrin.gif



   
ReplyQuote
(@biggcol)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 

Bobi and I will find it hard to make it Sat due to gigging in the evening. Sun would be fine or better still, another day when it's nice and sunny and mirror flat sea with plenty of macs for bait and no nets inshore and ........ oh well better wake up now.

 

 

Colin



   
ReplyQuote
(@petesnr)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 

Saturday is looking ok according to the seaweed on our washing line I mean weather forecast. When is the decision?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Adam F)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 

I must have a different piece of seaweed Pete.... mine is showing Sunday as the better day.

 

I'll try and make a call tomorrow (Thurs) for Sat, or Friday if it looks like Sunday is an option?



   
ReplyQuote
(@alun j.)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 

I 've just looked at 5 sites ... all show slightly different. 2 give a better Sat., 3 give Sunday as calmer.

 

I think the Sunday is more reliable [from this far away]!!

 

XC gives the 'nicest'; guru is similar ... these are much more reliable than BBC

 

Alun.



   
ReplyQuote
(@codpiece)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Otter may be out but only for an outside day conditions permitting. I'm not quite ready for the harbour yet I'm afraid............. particularly as Otter is well on form now biggrin.gif

What Trevor is trying to say is my longliner has shed its bl!!dy keel band. weep.gifweep.gifweep.gif Derek.



   
ReplyQuote
(@great white)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 

If we are to fish the comp as published IE a dual ray and flatty comp then IMHO it should be in weather that allows both to be fished for.

 

That means a call needs to be made on safety grounds.

 

That said I am sure that I will not be the only one that would appreciate some notice if it is to be changed to Sunday. For crew and bait reasons.

 

Charlie biggrin.gif



   
ReplyQuote
(@Tiddler)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 

I doubt I'm gonna get out this month, so carry on without me again.

But good luck to the ones who get out. weep.gif

 

Jim



   
ReplyQuote
(@alun j.)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 

YO - YO !!!

 

Sat. now looking much better than Sun.!!

 

Alun.



   
ReplyQuote
 Gas
(@Gas)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 

Sat Good for Jackie And Craig wink.gif



   
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 6
Share: