This coming weekend is the Bass Comp, please sign in as usual and watch this site for weather guidance along with your own.
Currently Weather watching very changeable over the last few days, weather fronts moving fast dropping vast amounts of rain.
Saturday and Sunday are not looking good this morning, hopefully it might improve. Keep watching.
Please put your names down to gauge who would like to take part.
I can't on the 10th/11th but if weather postpones it............
19 minutes ago, Ohgreatone said:I can't on the 10th/11th but if weather postpones it............
We the committee are looking into trying something different next year that will alleviate these weather interruptions and move away from specific dates for some comps. Chris Witheford is looking into all the variants and possible issues this might create. Hopefully the membership will accept the proposals for a smooth transition to a more inclusive and least disrupted yearly account of best fish results.
1 hour ago, Mal Thomas said:We the committee are looking into trying something different next year that will alleviate these weather interruptions and move away from specific dates for some comps. Chris Witheford is looking into all the variants and possible issues this might create. Hopefully the membership will accept the proposals for a smooth transition to a more inclusive and least disrupted yearly account of best fish results.
Good luck with any changes to try and get more Members taking part. I will look forward to hearing what is proposed.
Wendy and I were hoping to take part in this Bass one, but only have Sunday available. Will only go if weather is good with Wendy crewing.
I normally enjoy taking part in this one, but visitors and a race are making it difficult. If I do get away it will be a very short session early on Saturday before we are invaded!
Madness will be out with Martin & Phil Trevet
Looking at the very changeable weather I am concerned by the SE direction on Sunday which turns the Swash into a nasty washing machine, Saturday things have improved however the sea conditions are likely to be lively from the preceding weather. I am veering towards setting another date so our members are safe and not likely to be uncomfortable in small boats.
Of course non competition trips should go ahead at the skippers discretion. Do you all agree?
Saturday looks ok with winds from the N/E although there may be a residual chop offshore from Fridays blow.
BBC are giving Sunday as light S/E gentle breeze, nowhere to hide outside in a S/E but if the wind is as forecast then may be ok
I will still fish Saturday but in the harbour for an easy day out.
Room for another if anyone fancies a day out
Reel Magic Saturday Dave and Mick
10 hours ago, Maverick said:Saturday looks ok with winds from the N/E although there may be a residual chop offshore from Fridays blow.
BBC are giving Sunday as light S/E gentle breeze, nowhere to hide outside in a S/E but if the wind is as forecast then may be ok
I will still fish Saturday but in the harbour for an easy day out.
Room for another if anyone fancies a day out
I'd love to Martin but Toooooooooooooo much to do with this house move.
Am I a part of HamBanks now?
or not far South enough? 🤪
Looking at the weather this morning I have no reason to Cancel, the weather is looking stable and slightly improving on Monday so not closing in or a small window. Please take part at your own discretion and do not put yourself at any risk or outside your comfort zone.
I will enter M.Thomas and T .Thomas
Ben and Rich out Saturday
Tom and Bob on Illusion on Saturday.
Cherries match postponed and wind dropping so I'll be giving it a go tomorrow on Solan. Tight lines.
