Given the weather forecast for tomorrow - very strong northerly gusts, whilst holes bay may be partly sheltered wihen the tide is ebbing - therest of the harbour would be very unpleasant and difficult to launch a small boat.
It has been decided to postpone the competition.
A new date TBA
B**ger ! 🙁
Safety first an all that ! 😉
Ah well never mind.
Well done Neal.
Oh dear 🙁 Just got in after picking up me bait for tomorrow, shame it like a mill pond out there today.
Oh dear 🙁 Just got in after picking up me bait for tomorrow, shame it like a mill pond out there today.
Good excuse to go fishing today, Can't waste the bait 😎
I'd have been picking mine up too.
Had a call from Martin so phoned and cancelled.
Phew !
Thanks Martin. 😉
Oh dear 🙁 Just got in after picking up me bait for tomorrow, shame it like a mill pond out there today.
And me too !!!!
I've just got in from digging bait for tomorrow [ and hard work it was !!] ...and found this ! All the forecasts I've looked at don't paint such a bleak picture. Any wind wind will be in the N, so most spots are fairly sheltered...even Baiter is not so bad with a N.
I'd guess most signed in would be up in Holes Bay...where there would be almost zero fetch.
....and there are plenty of other spots sheltered from the North.
I'd be surprised if this was the right call !!
I expect Warren will be fishing and will confirm this.
Alun.
Fisheagle and Happy Hooker will both be out in Holes Bay as we have bait we have bought to use up. A shorter session with less pressure. Always difficult for those who have to make the call.
Allan.
Marichelle still fishing as we have worms to drown ! :huh: See you all out there.
I've just got in from digging bait for tomorrow [ and hard work it was !!] ...and found this ! All the forecasts I've looked at don't paint such a bleak picture. Any wind wind will be in the N, so most spots are fairly sheltered...even Baiter is not so bad with a N.
I'd guess most signed in would be up in Holes Bay...where there would be almost zero fetch.
....and there are plenty of other spots sheltered from the North.
I'd be surprised if this was the right call !!
Totally agree with you on this one Alan, no charters have called off and all that I know are heading out of harbour, spent £18 on worms not happy.
I expect Warren will be fishing and will confirm this.
Alun.
Looking at Windguru for Hamworthy at 9am tomorrow they are giving a NNW force 4 gusting 6 decreasing later to a N F3 gusting F5. Earlier today when Neal called this they were giving gusting F7
Those that are berthed or launching to fish in holes bay would most likely be ok with that but others that launch at baiter or elsewhere may not be so comfortable.
Always a hard call, a cancellation will always upset someone but we are a small boat club and have to allow for all levels of experience and ere on the side of caution. The only downside I can see is it probably could have been called earlier but I can't comment on that as I never followed the forecasts
Its always a tough call, and the weather could go either way at anytime.
We will have a mooch around the rockley end of the bay for a few hours and drown some worms a more leisurely day with no pressure like Allan said. Might work out better for us as the big tide makes it tough to recover at low water anyway.
Fishing being what it is I bet more will be caught tomorrow by those who brave it than in the comp!(not a comment on delaying it just the application of sods law!!)
The heaviest flounder I caught today was a fraction under 2lb...no, no, no, sorry, the only flounder I caught today weighed in at......
If the hot spot was that cold Rich I'm glad I went to see father Christmas :rolleyes: although the weather turned out to be ok
